- Provides knowledge to managers on how to improve their performance in relation to the success criteria set for the department
- Gives Frontline managers a personalised feedback, tailored to improve the understanding of their own strengths and weaknesses in relation to the management function
Change usually comes from the top and the message is often clear, simple and unambiguous.
However this does not necessarily mean that the organisation then changes its focus, changes behaviour and sets new goals.
A number of factors are needed to succeed:
- Establishment of consistency between the organisation’s systems and processes and business priorities
- Managers must prioritise execution and implementation of the business priorities
- Employees must have insight into how they can influence the business priorities